Principal Leadership Workshop Sereis
The Tri-State Area School Study Council is pleased to invite your district to participate in the Principal Leadership Workshop Series for the 2018-2019 school year.
The series is composed of four workshop sessions, revolving around timely and relevant themes:
- Creating a Professional Network
- Professional Communication with Students, Parents, and Community
- Technology and Innovation
- Legal Obligations of the School Leader
- Dealing with School Mental Health Issues
Principal Leaders will be mentored by successful educators and will be able to network with administrators from other districts. The lead session facilitators are Dr. Mary Anne Battaglia, Dr. Kathleen Harrington, Dr. Lawrence Kushner, and Dr. Terrence Kushner. The Principal Leader Institute Workshops will be especially helpful to new principals and those districts using Succession Planning in order to keep and grow quality leaders in their district.
Meeting #1 – October 16, 2018, Elizabeth Forward School District
Meeting #2 – December 6, 2018, Upper St. Clair High School, Upper St. Clair School District
Meeting #3– February 2, 2019, Quaker Valley Middle School, Quaker Valley School District
Meeting #4– April 4, 2019, Parkway West CTC
Registration has closed for the 2018-2019 program.
Supplemental materials from the 4/4/19 Workshop
Supplemental materials from the 2/28/19 School Safety workshop:
School Safety in the 21st Century: A Balanced Approach, Presented by Aaron Vanatta, School Police Officer, Quaker Valley School District and Joseph Kozarian, Safety and Security Coordinator, Fox Chapel Area School District
Redefining Relationships and Responsibility, Presented by Dr. Mary Catherine Reljac, Assistant Superintendent, Franklin Regional School District
“No Warning as drifter with violent past opened fire at movie“, Kentucky Today, July 24, 2015
“No Warning” Exercise (with “No Warning as drifter with a violent past opened fire at moivie” article)
Supplemental materials from the 12/6/18 legal workshop:
Student Rights: Confidentiality, Free Speech and Out of School Conduct, Searches, Gender Identity and Expression, presented by Jocelyn Kramer and Annemarie Harr, Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
Students with Disabilities: Section 504 and Medical Marijuana, presented by Jocelyn Kramer and Megan Turnbull, Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
Employment Issues: Medical Marijuana Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Employee Misconduct, presented by Annemarie Harr, Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
Investigating Bullying and Harassment, presented by Jocelyn Kramer, Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
Supplemental materials from workshops during the 2017-2018 workshop series:
- Case Studies of This Year’s Hot Topics, presented by Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
- Special Education, presented by Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
- Bullying and Harassment, presented by Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
- Student Discipline and the Constitution, presented by Weiss Burkardt Kramer, LLC
- ACLU, “Know Your Rights: A Handbook for Public School Students in PA.” Click here for the booklet.
- Bullying/Harassment Investigation Report. Click here for the template.
- Mr. Devore’s Do-Over (entire book)
- Mental Massage Slides
- Growth Mindset Powerpoint Slides
- Growth Mindset Article
- Growth Mindset Article – EdWords Rennaissance
- Transformational Leadership Hand Out